A whim away

Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Moment to Remember



Film: A Moment to Remember / Eraser in my head 
Language: Korean
Genre: Romance, Drama 

I've had a fair share of knowledge about Alzheimer's Disease; I wrote a report on it for Psychology and copy and pasted the assignment for Health and Human Development. My neighbour passed away from AD a couple of years ago and his wife helped me with my project. I can never forget the time when I watched him from our window as he walked up to our door only to realize it wasn't his house. A Moment to Remember is quite similar to The Notebook however if you were to ask me which one to watch first? Any would do. This movie explores intelligently the fears of beginning a marriage. It takes the same amount of risk as from starting a relationship; sometimes messy and hard. As watching the film, I was once again reminded the importance of valuing each memory whether joyous or painful. I'm scared to loose my thoughts and in the end "my soul". Only 18 and I've started to rely on photos and words to aid my episodic memories. Silly to say but, A Moment to Remember has encouraged to me to patiently find true love so that hopefully one day "True love conquers all" ....or if something was to happen to me, I wouldn't get mixed up with my ex and my husband..[spoiler?]

0 comments: