"A beautiful thing is precious, no matter the price.
Those who do not know how to see the precious things in life
will never be happy."
will never be happy."
I haven't read a novel since The Secret River since Year 12 (sorry for making you cringe) and I finished Beastly by Alex Flinn in two nights. It was an easy and enjoyable read. I applause this modern re-telling of the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast. You've suddenly incorporated the childhood Disney animation into your mind am I correct? Whilst holding that familiar and nostalgic feeling (feelings that Disney never fails to create), I'm pleased that the author has included references from other Beauty and the Beast versions that most people wouldn't have come across. Since I've also watched the film adaptation produced one year after the release of the novel, the two types of portrayal are very loosely simulated. Then again, it's Hollywood my dear. I'd also wish for more development on Adrian's longing for Lindy. Overall, the Beastly ride has been an exquisite one for me. Something I need more in my life I say. In this day and age, we are obsessed with our outer appearance. Despite the pressures of society and the media, we ourselves can determine what's desirable and what's ugly, but one thing will always remain beautiful - Love. Love is never ugly.
{Paranormal romances next on my list}
Warm Bodies - Issac Marion


4 comments:
Mmm I heard a lot of mixed reviews on this movie, but the reception of the moral was enlightening :) I think in general, no matter how genuine we are as humans, one degree or another, we'll focus on looks but feeding expectations and unvaluable aesthetics: that's when things go so superficial :( Love itself is so beautiful but many won't give themselves that chance :(
Ah yes, I told my friend to watch it the other day and she found the movie too cliche. Indeed, Beastly was a good reminder about the perception of beauty in our age (I'm 19!) Your words are utmost wise and truthful on an unfortunate flaw in society :(
Hey Karen, thanks for the lovely comment!
oOo Beastly- I was quite excited for this movie last year. But the hype kind of dissipated when I read the mixed reviews from it. Although I'll still put this in my 'to watch' list since Alex Pettyfer is in this LOL :D
-----------
Yes it is! its the Daiso from North Richmond :D You must!~ haha they have the earphones in black, pink and purple as well :D LOLL haha thank you for the heads up! xD I'll definitely bring my mammoth pencil case whenever I have long lectures haha ;)
Hello there Kathy! Ah no need to thank me lovely. Mhmmm! If anything, it's for Alex Pettyfer ♥_♥ Please do treat yourself to some eye candy.
...
Awesome! North Richmond is easy to get to with public transport. They should knock down the store next to them and expand their millions! Haha it's alright! I hope you enjoy your first year ^_^ Thank you for dropping by!
Post a Comment