A whim away

Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Playlist


There's always a story behind every song. 

Here's mine. 

Jesse McCartney 
While standing in the train home from uni, I was listening to this song as I played Zombie Farm on my Itouch. It was peak hour so when the train halted to a stop, I was still so intrigued at my game that I lost my balance and fell backwards into my classmate Sahan. Even though he caught my fall, I felt so embarrassed! 

Ron Pope 
This was the first song a guy had ever sent me. Was there a hidden message? Hey I was only sixteen, I'm silly like that. 

Beast
This is one of my favourite recalls. Today's morning twilight was cold and quiet, and I was on my way to an exam. Sitting alone on the train, enjoying the winter sights of the Melbourne city with it's sleepy citizens and not worrying about being late - this was my piece of heaven. 

JYJ
Sophia played this song from her phone in hope to emotionally warm us up as we both stood under an umbrella in the pouring night rain. We had just celebrated Sophie's birthday from the city and were waiting for her and Jesse to drive us home from the station. 

JYJ 
One of my favourite songs to walk home to. I also take extra care when crossing the roads after watching the music video! Other walking songs include: Shampoo - Afterschool, Trouble Maker - JS & Hyuna

AI Ft Boys II Men
This is a special one. Out of all the songs he had sent me, this is my absolute favourite. I've played it over 1000 times times; on the train, before I slept, as I walked home, and I've thought of him each time. This connection of mine will never fail. 

Ed Sheeran
Sophia wears braces and Sophia likes Ron Weasley.

Life 
SHINee
Uy was so kind enough to request this song for me to be played on the radio! Which I missed out because I was buried under the VCE tyranny. 

Taeyang FT Kush
Dad was driving in the rain on the road that had the orange sticks coming from the side. I forgot where we were heading to, nevertheless I always loved a good long drive in the rain. 

Katy Perry 
Sang this acapella style with Sophie during English class. We even sat up the front! Our infamous duet did loosen up our a bit of our nerves during our final year of high school...or we just went plain insane. 

Spice Girls 
Only for Janet and Jp. I humiliated myself at rapping and singing this song during Singstar. They knew I wasn't good and I knew I wasn't good either! We all laughed our butts off. Why? Cause that's what love does. Other Singstar songs I've shunned to my name: Mr. Roboto and So Happy Together

Rico Love
I was in the study room secretly going through Stephinee's Ipod (Ipods weren't allowed at school). I was sitting near her desk, with my rain jacket opened widely to cover my arms and the device when I across this song. 

The Righteous Brothers 
I remember watching Ghost for the first time with Lanneth on messenger - oh this girl  ♥ 

Ermmm...makes me think of Yen. 

5 comments:

Jp said...

Awww dear, it's not that we knew you weren't good because you did a much better job than I ever could! It's just so funny and adorable to hear you try to rap/sing to it. Like Patrick remember! :)

Sophie Elle said...

YOU MAKE ME... FEEL LIKE I'M LIVING A TEENAGE DREAM...

Oh, btw, how was your date with that guy on Friday? Haahahha! xx

Karen said...

Jp: *Sob* You got sad when I said no. So then I said "Okay dear, I don't want you to leave home with regrets." I think I said that to every song...hehe

Sophie: LET'S RUN AWAY AND DON'T EVER LOOK BACK. DON'T EVER LOOK BACK.

It wasn't a date!

linhee said...

DATE?!?!?! :O

Karen said...

:OOOOOOO