A whim away

Monday, July 1, 2013

Goodbye June

At exactly one year ago, I wrote this:

I must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed today, or my hormones are being a total bitch. Maybe both. Today is shit. 
I want to leave this place. 
I want to stay in bed for the whole day. 
I don't want to do anything. I don't give a fuck.
Woah, hold up. What was I thinking? Why was I so mad that day? It honestly feels as if I've just been slapped in the face when I re-read this. Whatever rut I was emotionally stuck in, the sense of hostility between the lines is disturbingly intriguing. Today, I'm here. I'm different. I can fortunately state that 2013 has so far brought me better days. My mind has become a lot clearer. I no longer feel trapped underneath conscious weights as frequently as before. However, I'd be a definite fool to make such promises to never feel the dark again. My former self serves as a reminder to the inevitable suffering in life. Everyone is damned. There is no escape from it. Life is suffering. Suffering is life. One day, I will return to the above state of mind again. Be glad, mad or sad. Time changes everyone. 


1 comments:

Sophie Elle said...

Time is really an interesting thing.