A whim away

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Goodbye April

Source
Huhuhuhuhu...Hello everyone! I'm currently wearing my pyjama top, a hoodie, my high school bomber jacket and to top it off, a thickly knitted scarf. Ack, I'm starting to think Melbourne has only two seasons now with winter and summer! Trying to get out of bed in the morning has now reached a new level of no.  

...


Meilin & Sophia's 21st birthday @ Maccas | Wesley's 9th birthday
6/4 & 19/4

April held the last batch of girls turning 21. They were the babies of the group, as most of us are now only a few days, months away from turning 22 already!. The twenties club still feels unreal to me. I've even mistaken myself for 18. A Maccas birthday party was the real deal this time. I haven't coloured in nor played an intense game of musical statues in years. Thank you for organising the party girls!. It was certainly a brilliant idea and a tribute to our childhood. 



Free Ben & Jerry's ice cream @ Uni | Kimchi Hut w/ Linda | Watermelon Mojito @ Nitro Lab w/ girlfriends
10/4, 11/4 & 22/4

I should have known better than to wear my flats on a rainy day. On a brighter note, I was able to enjoy a hot beef soup with Linda. Inexpensive comfort food on a gloomy day makes me all fuzzy and warm inside. And yes, ice cream on a cold day counts as comfort food too!. 




Supanova 
12/4

On weekends, my cousin would come over for lunch. I'd ask her what anime/manga she'd be into and her answer changes every week. So it wasn't surprising that Supanova was not an unfamiliar term to her, and that she squealed over the phone when I told her I'd be taking her there for the first time. I've actually never seen her so bubbly and confident before. This was her ultimate niche. I can't believe we spent the whole day there and walked around the place more than three times. It was a visually great experience for me too, despite asking "Who's this? what's this? what's that?..." literally all the time to my cousin...Guess who's coming back next year to babysit her again? ≖‿≖ 




ACMI First Shift | Chinese Mountain Dog
13/4 & 27/4

I didn't realise how quickly I became proactive towards the public when I'm standing in front of ACMI. I'm still very new so I may have accidentally pointed a few people to the wrong direction *nervous laugh*. So if you feel like exploring the city, don't be afraid to come say hi to me at ACMI! 

Richard & Chi's Wedding
25/4

I went to mum's colleague's wedding, only to find out later that the bride is actually a year older than me. Second wedding in my adult life since October and both brides have chosen mermaid dresses and played "A Thousand Years" as their first dance. This time the wedding was very simple, small but still very cutely presented with a pink and blue theme. I got my lobster. 

Dat ass
20/4

My grandfather pulled me out of the house to the backyard to show how a pomelo (Chinese grapefruit) resembled a round butt. Now I know why they call the grapefruit, "look yao" in Cantonese because if you swap the first word from "look" to "loh", the meaning changes to "butt". 

...



So who's been playing in my head this month? I present to you, the lovely Sayuri Sugawara! I've never really delved into j-pop ballads, but she is without a doubt a stunning combination of cuteness and maturity. The strength of her vocals never ceases to amaze me *fangirling*. 
... 

It's the last month before exams. The. last. month.
So let's bring it home guys!
Good luck.

0 comments: