“It was the only kiss, the love i have ever known.” - Shizuru
Language: Japanese
Genre: Romance
I applaud this movie for it's brilliance in camera techniques and character portrayal. Both protagonists were absolutely adorable for their innocence in love. As for the decency of camera shots; it is until when Shizuru takes off her glasses for the first time, the audience is offered a full close up view of her beautiful and sweet face. We are amazed just as Makoto.The timing has been done very effectively; both were brought straight away into the storyline without any signs of rush. The film has not explored closely at Shizuru's hospitalization which is different to me since most movies I've seen revolve around the confinement of an illness. Instead, Heavenly Forest has taught audiences to take the time to appreciate the beauty of nature and humans in life and in photography. I am left with a tinge of happiness about the strength of love rather than the sadness of departure at the end of Heavenly Forest.


2 comments:
Nice words Karen!
Thank you Sophie and thank you, Ms. Drewery.
Post a Comment