A whim away

Monday, June 13, 2011

To the past
























This is a response to the post: "29: Your hopes & dreams for the next 365 days" written one year and a couple of months ago.


What does present Karen have to say to past Karen? 


i want:
- to have lots of Kodak moments at athletics tomorrow 
It was a very cold day to be outdoors! nonetheless I have many photos of us with our coats and beanies. 


- to not stuff up my chemistry prac on monday 
No tears there. 


- to ace my english sac on Thursday 
English turned out to be my best subject of the year. 


- to find a nice dress for the formal 
The design was okay, I wish I could have spent money on a dress with sleeves. 


- to get into shape for the formal 
Fail. 


- to continuously do my homework 
Except for Methods. 


- to start preparing for my mid year and end of year exams 


- to find the cheapest way for printing out past exams 
Cheap? Free printing was better.  


- to not spend a lot of money 
Why did I write this? I hardly went out. 


- to be a good daughter 
I was good..most of the time! 


- to have an all nighter before we find out our enter results 
Slept for 3 hours? 


- to wear my hoodie with pride 
We didn't even get a hoodie. We got an amazing bomber jacket! 


- to find a name for my hoodie 
It says "CARROT" 


- to hug everyone 


- to take a picture with everyone at the formal and at the end of the year 
Oh, I didn't even get to see half the people from school at the formal. I hardly took any pictures either but I have a whole stash of end of year ones. 


- to cry at my enter results 
For a week. 


- to have hide and seek at ikea for my birthday
We ended up having my birthday at Maccas since I procrastinated my own birthday party. 


- to watch all my dramas and movies in the summer holidays 


- to start drawing again, especially with cartoons or dresses 


- to start learning how to play the piano 
One day.


- to catch up with old friends 


- to go to the beach 
This never happened! I am still disappointed. 


- to go to the melbourne museum 


- to go to the city for new years 
No way, couldn't be bothered. 


- to take a picture of myself on the first day of uni 
No... 


- to start finding
Finding what? 


- to start waiting 
For the food in the microwave. 


- to love? 
I've always loved, but not in love. 


- to print out pictures from year 8 to 12 and put them in one photo album 
Still have to do that. 


- to tutor my cousin with his homework 
I don't tutor my cousins, but I do tutor a class full of kids every Sunday.


- to spend time reading books again 
The idea sounded better than the action.


- to cut my hair shorter 


- to travel across the world 
Darn. Guess I'll be fulfilling that in my adulthood.  


- to catch pokemons 


- to recover from bieber fever 


- to dance to kpop across town
Dancing in Uy's house was fun enough.  


- to catch up on sleep 


- to purchase a mobile phone 
Finally, after 18 years. I recently scratched it on Thursday. 


- to sell all my highschool textbooks 


- to walk out of the exam room with relief and worry 


- to make the most of 2010 


- to hang around the cuties at uni 
They don't exist. 


- to make it into uni 


- to have movie marathons with company 


- to look back on the past with no regrets
There's always going to be the "what ifs?"  


- to laugh 


- to play on the playground 


- to reunite 
Summer was the best. 


- to knit and finish off the scarf
I started a patch but never finished it.  


- to ride my bicycle 


- to drive a car at timezone 


- to play with sparklers
A week ago. 


- to burn my chemistry work 
Chemistry is actually the best subject in uni so far. 


- to climb trees
I can't seem to find a climbable tree.


- to work hard and push myself to the limits 
I'm procrastinating by writing this to myself! 

2 comments:

Sophie Elle said...

Love reading your post reflections..

Karen said...

Thank you sophler, it's a good way to see how much we've changed in a period of time.