A whim away

Friday, June 1, 2012

Goodbye May

Here's.....

Congratulations, we made it to the halfway point guys! I believe the creator of the above .gif is entering into Summer, but here in Australia it's the first day of Winter. I've got 15 days of intense cram sessions (12 weeks of lecture content into two weeks) ahead of me before my granted freedom. I've got my mind set on being surrounded by good warm hearty food and a few good people. I can't wait for the "Hello! I've missed you. TELL ME EVERYTHING!" tight hugs. So time, please bring me closer to these days. 

I'm wishing success to my close friend who's going through VCE Year 12 mid - year exams right now. Remember how unstable we youngins were back then? She's been working so hard throughout the year, the inevitable pressure is there for her but I'm proud at what she's achieved already. I'll always continue to support her studies. I'll also be saying goodbye (for now) to another close friend of mine who'll be travelling overseas for three weeks.

On Tuesday I conversed about the future of having kids one day. It's a one hell of a topic, and one that I try to not get too naive thinking about it. I do find it attractive when guys are good with kids, but to become a parent is another thing. If you asked me as of now, I'll say I'll be happy with one child (maybe two at max?) when my motherly instincts kicks in at it's peak or maybe something happens and I choose not to endure the path of motherhood? I'm about to enter the prime time living it up in the 20's (in six months), so a mini me will be a thought saved for the future - financially stable - career wise Karen (age 32 or not).

Today I shall be heading off to an Aquatic Centre to introduce myself in person for community placements next Semester. If the university confirms my place, then I'll be observing student learning in an afterschool and preschool "Learn to Swim" program. 

I kinda want my Tumblr and Facebook back too. I have the biggest craving for chocolate right now. Yesterday I scoffed down a treat size Turkish Delight and two Rose chocolates. I think I know what that means...I have the biggest craving for chocolate right now. 

Wake up in the morning/afternoon (waking up in general) and feeling like an old person struggling to get out of bed. 

Onwards to the next six months. 

2 comments:

Sophie Elle said...

YOU SPOKE ABOUT HAVING KIDS.. WITH............

Karen said...

...YOUR IMAGINATION.