
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas written by John Boyne
Bruno: I'm Bruno.
Shmuel: Shmuel.
Bruno: Sorry?
Shmuel: I'm Shmuel.
Bruno: That's your name? I've never heard of anyone called that before.
Shmuel: I've never heard of anyone called Bruno.
Bruno: Shmuel? No one's called Shmuel.
Bruno: Why do you wear pajamas all day?
Shmuel: The soldiers. They took all our clothes away.
Bruno: My dad's a soldier, but not the sort that takes people's clothes away.
Bruno: We're not supposed to be friends, you and me. We're meant to be enemies. Did you know that?
Bruno: There is such thing as a nice Jew, though, isn't there?
Herr Liszt: I think, Bruno, if you ever found a nice Jew, you would be the best explorer in the world.
Bruno: Do you not like playing?
[Shmuel nods]
Bruno: Just not ball games?
Shmuel:Not here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment