A whim away

Monday, December 19, 2011

18.12.11


As I walked around my classroom area, I noticed one of my mischievous students had disappeared! I looked around and suddenly saw him carrying my student in his arms...like a bag of rice. 
...

J, D and I left after work for ice cream at Glen. We tried a new dessert place sharing a fruit salad with crushed mango ice. J wasn't satisfied with the coconut mango cream drink he had ordered. Menu pictures can be deceiving. 

After dessert, the boys had felt for a good hearty meal accompanied by a deep fried mars bar. It tasted similar to a chocolate hot cross bun, with the sweet sap oozing out of it. It was so rich, one bite was just enough for my body intake. The last bite size piece was devoured by D. Mango smoothies to wash down everything the boys had ate. Male appetites never fail to amaze and concern me. 

We went to Burden Park to relax. Here's a little thing, D likes sky lanterns. Unfortunately they're banned in Australia due to fire hazards. So I thought of something else that I could show him that was just as pretty when it's in the air. I surprised J and D with two bubble sticks. 

The two got a bit over excited, nevertheless no matter how old you are - bubbles are always fun to play with. Before I knew it, J and D popped into the car. With D holding a bubble wand out of the front passenger window, the two zoomed off leaving a trail of bubbles behind...

and me. Alone. At the park. 

They returned and we continued to blow more bubbles. J was lying on the grass and D became the school playground bully. He kept provoking him as he blew bubbles from behind. Finally, after D wiped his soapy hands on J's car, J chased him into the open grass. 

They wrestled for a while, rolling around on the ground. Boys will be boys. I haven't laughed so hard in ages! J became tired and laid in defeat on the grass hill. So D thought it was a good idea to simulate CPR on him. He played doctor and I was his nurse who used the bubble stick as an injection for the patient in distress. Dr. D placed his hands over patient J's chest and began applying pressure, yelling out "Breathe! J! Breathe!" We tried to restrain the patient, but he kept tossing and turning. Then D and I dragged his body up the hill, rolled it back down and dragged it back up again...poor J, we had no anesthetics and he screamed in pain. Hey, my back hurt trying to lift him! I poked him with the bubble stick and he referred it to an adult toy. I cried helplessly on the grass after this. 

D trusted me enough to let me drive his car around the car park. This was the part that I really liked. I knew inside he was still a bit unsettled, so I went really slow. D is really a nice and patient teacher. He didn't touch the wheel at all and guided me when to accelerate and brake. I parked successfully and jumped out of the car with joy! We made it out alive. No one got hurt, not even the car. This was the best birthday gift of the year. 

I'm too tired from all the laughing and lifting. Oh the scenes I witnessed from these two boys combined - I'll be taking them to my grave. 

Thank you for making me smile J and D. 

0 comments: