A whim away

Monday, December 12, 2011

Last Christmas


I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away. 

I'm happy that I never confessed to you this year.

Tell me baby do you recognize me?  
Well it's been a year, it doesn't surprise me

I was wishing for the person that you once were to come back to me. Do you remember the days when you were the last person I talked to before I slept? This is the part of you that I've missed, the one that consisted of me. Now, there are no more heartbeats skipped whenever I hear your name or see it appear online. Places we've been to are now just that, a place - not a sad memory. I'm done with the mess you've caused my heart to face. I'm free. I haven't been familiarized to this type of relief in ages.

(Merry Christmas!) I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying "I love you" I meant it
Now I know what I fool I've been

On the day of your birthday, I sent you ten pages worth of text detailing my utmost gratitude towards you. Felt good didn't it? Well, it's hard to tell with the vagueness of your messages nowadays. What did I receive on my day? Two words (and an exclamation mark). I wasn't expecting much from you at all. To be honest, I didn't really care. Just for the record, you posting pictures of almost naked girls on your Tumblr is making it that much easier for me to let go of you.

My God I thought you were someone to rely on 
Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on 
A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man undercover but you tore me apart 

I'm not replaying the moments we had in my head as frequent now, they become more faint as days past. Holding onto you for so long and reminding myself the stupidly happy days when we met face to face.
You'll never fool me again 

Not even the thousands of instant messages sent from you can compare to what this person has done for me in the past month alone. This time, I'm not the one who has to rush my replies to you before you quickly disappear offline. Finally for once, I'm not the one in charge whether we speak or see each other. I hate being replied with "Whatever is up to you, I don't mind.". Now, I'm the one who falls asleep on him on Skype at 2 in the morning. I'm not afraid to call him when I'm worried. I never have to listen to his drunken stories because he's never touched it. He has sentiment, he's humble and he's sweet. 48 minutes after my birthday, he wished me a happy birthday again and decided to take me out after work to celebrate. When I get my P's, it will be my turn to finally drive him around! There are so many more things he wants to explore, I can't wait to see what memories we'll create together.

I'll give it to someone, I'll give it to someone special 

Then there are doubts. I need to be cautious. I'm scared that by next Christmas, I will give my heart once again to someone else. If there was never a goodbye to you, there would never had been a hello as sweet as this. After 16 months of waiting, I feel stronger and wiser. As for now, I'm just going to take it day by day and see where it goes ~ CARPE DIEM.

This year, to save me from tears I'll give it to someone special. 

0 comments: