A whim away

Sunday, July 29, 2012

July thoughts


 
After showering - hence the damp hair!

Oh hey blogspot what's goin' on? This year may have been the longest winter I've ever felt in my life. I'm starting to miss the sunshine, the shorts and skirts I'll be able to wear without a pair of legging, staying out longer with a few friends because the sun still hasn't set yet and the best thing of all, summer meant an temporary end to uni. Summer is Christmas time here in Australia. Summer is also a time to say goodbye to the year we've had. 

102 hours to go.

Today I had my first professional driving lesson with an instructor in one and a half years. The first driving instructor that I had wasn't as patient as the one today. He didn't scratch my wrist when I drove too. For the whole day, the rain would pour and stop suddenly. So there I was in the car, all mirrors blurred and I was to  practice changing lanes for the first time. It was a bit nerve racking, and he could see how I felt as well. After the lesson, he explained to me that I still needed practice on the main road and refine a few turning points. Overall, I was not bad! Here's to another snail paced step towards independence. 


First day of Uni - walked to Maccas for lunch.

First lecture of the Semester.

Waiting outside the lecture theater with Linda.

I've also completed my first week of Semester 2. Pretty quick wasn't it? I'm already confronted by assignments due in just a few weeks. I have to walk more around campus to get to my classes. I'm running out of choices at the food court in fear of having an attack of E.coli (see previous posts on food poisoning). Words can't explain how much I hate waiting at the station in the cold for the train back home. This is why I'm starting to get sick of the cold (paragraph 1) and why I need to learn how to drive (paragraph 2)


I've started to exercise less - from four times a week to a half. It's time to start dragging my sloth of a body more to the treadmill again. Since also purchasing a 500 ml bottle from DAISO on the holidays, I'm telling myself to drink at least two bottles of it a day. I initially started to exercise regularly at the start of the year in hopes to get into a better shape. I was focused more on my appearance than anything, that I was even too self conscious to take a full body photo. If I was to be standing in a group of people I'd even shrink myself to the back to hide. Halfway through now and I'm more concerned about my health. Honestly this year, I hadn't had many good days due to mysterious stomach pains. They were dull and aching, running from different areas across my abdomen. I hate seeing the doctor and I'd avoid it at all cost. Why? I'm cancer phobic. Always have been. I hate hearing that word. I hate reading about it. Sure if you're afraid of spiders, heights or public speaking you can always avoid them. Cancer well, it's an inevitable flaw of the human body. I am more scared of cancer than death itself. 

Enough of that, I'm starting to get shivers already. 

On a lighter note I finished watching Once Upon A Time. 


“True love isn’t easy, it must be fought for - because once you find it, it can never be replaced.”

Now I have to keep myself preoccupied until the return of Season 2. It's hard. I'm an absolute sucker for the concept of "true love". I'm currently re-watching episodes aired on TV right now in my bedroom. I'm searching up .gifs, fan artwork, quotes and news. Even the music theme of OUAT brings a tiny string of joy to my day. I'm fan girling over past episodes with my friends. I'm doing the things you do when you've just finished something so amazingly good. What am I suppose to do with my life now? What's there to look forward to? My emotions....post - television depression.

Just a few more photos: 

New cup I bought at Bevilles.
  
Yumcha for Janet's birthday - a photo taken after we ate all the food! 
  
Bought this due to a sudden urge for chocolate at work.
It was a forewarning from Mother Nature.
Surprise.

 A friendship - Sophia.


 


Songs currently on repeat: Only One - BoA 
Song previously on repeat: GANGNAM STYLE - PSY
Movie to watch: MAGIC MIKE 
Current hairstyle preferred: tied up or one side tucked behind ear 
Mood: peckish, lazy, procrastinating, conflicted. 

I just want Summer to come already. 

6 comments:

Sophie Elle said...

I want summer to come too :'(

Kathy said...

same here, I want Winter to be over soon, so I can have Summer back!

That cup from Bevilles looks so pretty! I love the bright colours.I love that you edited your face next to Ryan Gosling, that sexy man. Ahh we're listening to the same songs at the moment! Psy's Gangnam style was stuck in my head for the whole day!! The chorus is so catchy! Have you seen Only One's MV??? Yoo Ah In looks so handsome there *swoon* it may or may not be the reason why I watched it..
Have a good week! :)

Karen said...

@Sophie: 11 weeks to go! SEEING YOU TMR.

@Kathy: The winter feeling has been here way too long hasn't it?

Aw thank you! The cups were in a basket and also came in green and purple. $5 a cup!

That. Sexy. Man. Indeed.

I heard someone listening to GANGNAM STYLE on the bus once ;_; The MV is hilarious. Check out Simon and Martina's version on youtube :) - they're a couple living in Korea.

Yes I have hehe you're so cute. The part when BoA turned in bubbles was a bit weird though...

Have a fabulous week dear, and take care <3

linhee said...

You forgot the GIF I made of you and Mr Collins! :(

Dude, can we like, have a day and try to marathon OUAT? I really need to watch this again with someone who loves the "true love" as much as me, especially when it comes with Snow and Charming :D

Karen said...

OMG I SHALL ADD THAT IN RIGHT NOW. We'll just fast forward to the Snow White and Prince Charming Scenes and Hunstman scenes.....

linhee said...

*NODS IN AGREEMENT*